Well folks, it is 0317 on November 1st (I speak military time, I can't help it). This means nothing to you, but oh so much to me. This means Halloween is over, a sad time when we were younger, but wonderful now that I am a nurse. Let me recap last year's Halloween night here at the hospital. I'll have to make it a short recap as if I were to tell you everything that happened it may turn in to a short novel. The night began late for me, I came in at 11 o'clock so I could trick or treat with my 9 year old sister. As I'm getting report on a patient who I am told is alert and oriented, this patient comes wandering out completely out of her gord with all of her used-to-be lines pulled out. Myself and my WBF (work best friend if you didn't know) escort her back to her room. We take her in the bathroom where she begins to pass out, we lower her down to the ground where she proceeds to breathe her last breath out of her ass and fart onto the tile floor. We just had to laugh, however as we're laughing I realize "She's not breathing!" The two of us try to pick her up together while we're still laughing and hit heads. This does not make matters any easier. Laughing at the fart, hitting heads, a currently dead person (we did resuscitate her, don't worry). This was thrown in with the elevator getting stuck with nurses in it, everybody pulling every IV/foley/tube out possible, 2 patient falls (we normally go months without any) and just non-stop chaos. As you can imagine, I was dreading working tonight. Knock on wood, October 31st is over and things have been normal chaos, nothing too chaotic. Nobody farted on the floor and died, YAY! A drunk guy did come in and serenade me with Bob Segar 'Turn the Page,' that was kind of fun.
Tomorrow we give the builder all of our money we have saved :( Exciting though because they will begin to build. I will get a pic of us with our 'SOLD' sign posted soon. And Shari, for you I will post pictures up of my humble home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aren't hospitals fun? Both of my parents work in hospitals (of course you know my ma does) and they always have the best stories. I just have the random homeless person wandering in here and there.
Cannot wait to see the pics!!! And your new home will be gorgeous and not humble at all!
Post a Comment